Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Birthday Gift Mommy Doesn't Mind Giving

Now that my daughter is about to turn 5 in two months (sniff sniff) she has asked for a big girl room for her birthday. I am happy to oblige! (As its practice for me, it’s also not a toy she will grow out of in a week.) This will be the third room I have done from her; first baby, then toddler now big girl. Like most parents, I don’t want to fork over the money to redo her room every year or so. (A spruce up every so often- yes, a redo- no.) What better way to make a big girl room she can grow into then by immersing cool vintage items?




This bedroom my daughter actually picked out, and here is my take on it!



I absolutely love the remixed vintage sheet set from verabellesattic. Such a cute idea!





This is such a cute little bed side stand that can be stacked with bed time books from Shavingkitsuppplies!







Beautiful and vibrant Matryoshka dolls from thelogchateau are a perfect pop of color





How fun and vibrant is this abstract painting from ARTinVENICE. I love the simplicity of it, yet it totally catches your eye!




The warm colors in this Keane piece from fabulousmess is perfect to add with the color of the bed and the warmth of the chair






This budget friendly bed from Ikea is great with its sleek simple lines. With a coat of Benjamin Moore’s Sailors Delight, it will fit right in for a little girl…err big girl.





I absolutely love the simplicity of this chair from JunkHouse! While it’s not pink it is warm. It’s screaming come sit and read a book! The only thing I would add is a throw to soften it up.

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is a gorgeous blog post!


    Thank you so much for including my painting in these beautiful finds!



    Manuel,

    ARTinVENICE.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog, love Manuels painting!Ehhh good persons make good paintings...:)

    ReplyDelete